# High-level Overview
Learn about Majestic StarChain and its primary features.
# What is Majestic StarChain
Majestic StarChain is a scalable, high-throughput Proof-of-Stake blockchain that is fully compatible and interoperable with Ethereum. It's built using the Cosmos SDK (opens new window) which runs on top of Tendermint Core (opens new window) consensus engine.
Majestic StarChain allows for running vanilla Ethereum as a Cosmos (opens new window) application-specific blockchain. This allows developers to have all the desired features of Ethereum, while at the same time, benefit from Tendermint’s PoS implementation. Also, because it is built on top of the Cosmos SDK, it will be able to exchange value with the rest of the Cosmos Ecosystem through Inter Blockchain Communication Protocol (IBC).
Here’s a glance at some key features of Majestic StarChain:
- Web3 and EVM compatibility
- High throughput via Tendermint Core (opens new window)
- Horizontal scalability via IBC (opens new window)
- Fast transaction finality
Majestic StarChain enables these key features by:
- Implementing Tendermint Core's Application Blockchain Interface (ABCI (opens new window)) to manage the blockchain
- Leveraging modules (opens new window) and other mechanisms implemented by the Cosmos SDK (opens new window).
geth(opens new window) as a library to avoid code reuse and improve maintainability.
- Exposing a fully compatible Web3 JSON-RPC layer for interacting with existing Ethereum clients and tooling (Metamask, Remix, Truffle, etc).
The sum of these features allows developers to leverage existing Ethereum ecosystem tooling and software to seamlessly deploy smart contracts which interact with the rest of the Cosmos ecosystem (opens new window)!
# Quick Facts Table
|Majestic StarChain Testnet|
|Majestic StarChain Mainnet|
|Blockchain Explorer||Block Explorer|
|Block Time||~6 seconds|